Frequently Asked Questions
What to Consider when Choosing an Educational Consultant
1. Do you accept fees from any schools, programs or other sources?
We do not accept fees from schools, programs, or colleges. You are our client and we work solely in your child’s interest.
2. Are all of the consultants in the practice properly credentialed and qualified?
We have the highest credentials and certification available in our profession.
3. Are you willing to spend significant time up-front to best understand needs?
We ask for a minimal consultation fee to review test data and analyze needs in order to suggest options.
4. How often do you visit/revisit schools, programs, colleges, etc.?
We travel often to visit and evaluate a wide range of institutions, their environments and programs nationally and internationally.
5. Are you willing to give industry references in addition to parent references?
An extensive and comprehensive list of references regarding college and secondary school is available upon request. Note that confidentiality is respected at all times.
6. What is your philosophy on choice?
You should be put in a position to make the best-informed choices, not have choices made for you. We work closely with other professionals who know the student to provide the best possible assistance to students and their families.
7. Are you familiar with the academic program in my high school?
We maintain comprehensive knowledge of both public and private institutions academic profiles nationally and abroad.
8. Have you attended professionally directed conferences, college counseling institutes or workshops?
We regularly attend National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA) conferences. We also attend other conferences and training workshops, such as The Secondary School Admission Test Board (SSATB), Learning Disabilities Association (LDA), National Association of Therapeutic Schools and Programs (NATSAP), College Board, SAT and ACT conferences.
9. What national professional organizations do you belong to as a counselor?
We are active members of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA) and the Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA).
10. Do you keep in touch with former clients?
Yes, we maintain ongoing contact, support and relationships with students in placement for at least one year and as long as they choose.